How to delete an application from your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV
When you buy a smartphone like your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV, you already have apps pre-installed on your device. Obviously, you can also install many other applications, free or paid, depending on the memory capacity and your wishes.
You may want to uninstall apps as you no longer use them, or to free up space, for example.
Please note it is important to differentiate whether it is an application installed by you or a system application.
System applications are normally more difficult to uninstall. We will help you to uninstall them though.
In the following, we would like to take you step by step on how to uninstall an application on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV and inform you about the difficulty of uninstalling an application from your system.
How to delete apps downloaded by yourself
If you no longer need an application you can uninstall it.
Uninstallation can be done in several ways. If you want to do it easily and quickly, you can also download a dedicated app from the Store, to help you to uninstall unwanted applications. In particular, we recommend Easy Uninstaller App Uninstall and Uninstaller – Uninstall App.
From the application manager
- Step 1: Open the Settings menu on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV.
- Step 2: Then, click on the Application Manager.
You will now see a list of installed apps.
- Step 3: Then tap on the app you want to remove.
- Step 4: Click “Uninstall”.
Before uninstalling the desired application, respectively before performing step 4, clear cache and clear data.
Depending on your OS version, you may find the “Clear data and / or cache” option in the “Storage” options, after clicking on the desired application.
From Google Play
If you want to uninstall an app, you can also run the uninstallation from Google Play. In this case, proceed as described in our article.
- Step 1: Open Google Play on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Click “My Games & Apps” from the menu on the Google Play home page.
- Step 3: Click on the app you want to remove and then click “Uninstall”.
How to deactivate an application from the system
The factory version of your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV already contains some apps, including a few that you don’t even need.
As a result, they simply take up a lot of storage space.
As already mentioned, it is however possible to delete applications pre-installed on your smartphone.
Though, you have to be careful. We do not recommend that you arbitrarily remove any application from the system.
You can irreparably damage your smartphone.
Our advice: it is better to deactivate an application from the system instead of uninstalling it.
Thus, you do not risk breaking your smartphone. Plus this will unload the RAM memory of your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV.
- Step 1: Open “Settings” on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Then click on “Apps & Notifications” from the menu.
- Step 3: Tap “All apps” and select the app you want to disable.
- Step 4: Uninstall all app updates first before pressing “Disable” when it appears.
- Step 5: Then click on “Disable”.
- Step 6: You will see a message stating that uninstalling the app you selected may interfere with the use of other apps.
Don’t worry, if this is really the case, you can reactivate the app since it has not been completely removed. So you can just click “OK” on this message.
How to remove an application from the system
Applications that can be disabled can also be completely uninstalled.
In this case, you must have root access.
For details on how to root your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV, refer to our “How to root your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV” article.
Pre-installed apps that you can safely remove depend on your smartphone model.
- To see what these apps are, you can open the app overview.
- Select “Uninstall / Disable Application” in the upper right corner.
- A minus symbol will appear close to all the apps that can be deleted.
How to recover system apps
If some applications no longer work as usual or you have other problems with your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV, reinstallation may help.
If you have root privileges, we recommend using Swift Backup, which you can download here from Google Play. This application allows you to make a backup copy of system applications before deleting them. Then you can restore them as needed.
If your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV has usage restrictions, you need to reset it to factory settings.
In particularly difficult cases, all firmware must be restored. Be careful, most of the time, these operations can remove your warranty and break your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV. We strongly recommend speaking to a specialist before rooting and uninstalling firmware apps on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime TV.
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.