How to factory reset your Huawei P8 Lite
You may want to restore your Huawei P8 Lite to its original condition, perhaps because your smartphone has become too slow or because you want to sell the device afterwards.
In the following, you will learn when a reset might be useful, how to carry out such a process, and what is important to know about your data stored on your Huawei P8 Lite.
But first, one simplest way to perform a factory reset on your Huawei P8 Lite, is simply to download and use a dedicated app. We recommend in particular Reset Phone Mobile Full Factory Reset and Phone Factory Reset.
What is a reset?
A “reset” is an operation you can perform on your Huawei P8 Lite by returning the device to its original state: in which it was when you bought it new. During such a process, all files are deleted.
So make sure to back up all your data before resetting your Huawei P8 Lite.
As mentioned earlier, the most common reason for factory reset is a cell phone that is too slow or has errors.
A reset should be taken when you have already made updates, but the problem you are having with your mobile phone has not been resolved.
When should a reset be done?
1) Storage capacity: A reset is recommended if you want to free up memory space and you no longer need the applications installed on your Huawei P8 Lite.
2) Speed: If your smartphone is slower than before and requires more time to open an app, it is also advisable to perform a reset.
If you are already guessing which app is causing these issues, you can first try uninstalling it and see if the error can be fixed as well.
3) Blocking an application: It is advisable to carry out a reset, if you gradually receive warning and error messages on the device which prevent you from accessing a specific application.
You may also face brute force stops when using your Huawei P8 Lite.
4) Battery life: If your battery is draining at an ever faster rate than before, you should also consider resetting your Huawei P8 Lite.
5) Selling the smartphone: You should absolutely reset your Huawei P8 Lite if you want to sell or gift your smartphone, to prevent your future user from accessing your data.
Please refer to the “Important Information” point at the end of this chapter for more details on what should be considered in this case.
Attention, with a reset, absolutely all your personal data, including contacts, photos and applications, will be permanently deleted from your smartphone!
How to perform a reset?
In what follows, we will explain step by step how to reset your Huawei P8 Lite to factory settings.
Step 1: Back up the data
- Back up data via Google account
You can back up your data with your Google account, for example via the G Cloud Backup app which you can download from Google Play.
This app allows you to save not only contacts and messages, but also music, photos and videos to the cloud.
To back up SMS you can use the SMS Backup & Restore application. For more detailed information, please see the chapter “How to back up SMS on Huawei P8 Lite”.
- Save data to storage card
Of course, you can also save your data to the SD card:
- To store photos, documents, videos and your music, first access the menu and then click “My files”.
- Click on “All files” then on “Device storage”.
- Now tap on all the file folders you want to back up.
- Click on the three dots on the right in the bar at the top of the screen, then on “Move” and then on “SD memory card”.
- Finally, confirm.
Step 2: Reset in a few steps
- Use your menu to access settings.
- Click on “Backup and reset.”
- You will now see several options.
If there is a check mark behind, the corresponding option is enabled.
- You can back up your app data, Wi-Fi passwords, and optionally automatically restore backed up data when reinstalling an app.
- Then click on “Reset factory settings”.
Your mobile phone will then remind you that all data will be deleted from the internal memory.
- In the next step, tap on “Reset phone” and confirm.
- The device restarts after the reset.
Data Loss: We hereby remind you of the importance of securing your data.
If you do not back up your data before resetting your Huawei P8 Lite, the linkage with your Google account, including all data like your downloaded apps, photos, videos, documents, music, messages and contacts will be deleted.
Files on the SD card (external memory) are not affected normally. For security reasons, we recommend that you remove the SD card before starting the reset process.
App data: Even if you move your apps to the external memory card, a full backup is not always guaranteed because app data only works with the system that created it.
However, you can use some apps for backup.
For more details, please refer to “How to back up application data on your Huawei P8 Lite”.
Sale of the device: If you no longer use your smartphone, you should carry out a reset in any case.
It is important to delete your Google account on the device before resetting your phone.
If you perform step 2 above, make sure that the “AutoRecover” option is turned off in this case.
This point is especially important because you won’t even be using the smartphone in the future.
In conclusion, we can say that backing up data should be a priority if you want to reset your Huawei P8 Lite.
We hope that these given instructions were helpful to you and that we were able to answer all your questions related to a reset.
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.