How to locate your smartphone
It is possible to locate a smartphone via GPS. This can be useful if the phone is lost or stolen, for example.
In this article, we will explain how to locate your smartphone.
Otherwise, there are several ways to locate your Android phone.
Locating the device without using an app
Since you have an Android phone, you can use “Device Manager” to locate your smartphone without having to install an app.
Please note that tracking your smartphone is only possible if all the necessary location settings have already been activated on the device.
How do I activate the function to locate the phone?
- First, go to your smartphone’s settings and tap on the “Security” tab.
- Then click on “Device administrators”.
- Then press “Find my device” to activate this option.
- Confirm the process by clicking “Activate” in the lower right corner.
How do I locate my smartphone?
- You can complete the location process by signing in to your Google account on your computer.
- You can now track your smartphone’s location on the map, call your phone, or delete content.
Locating the device using GPS
To locate your smartphone with GPS, you must first download an application. We recommend Wheres My Droid, which you can download from Google Play.
You have two options to locate your smartphone – either by using the web browser or by sending an SMS to the lost phone.
If you prefer the web browser option, go to the Wheres My Droid site to verify the location of your phone.
If you prefer sending a text message, you can send a pre-configured SMS which then gives you an automatic response with a link to a map showing the location of your smartphone.
Locating the Device Using Antivirus Software
There are several antivirus applications that you can install : they also offer the possibility of locating your smartphone.
To be able to locate your phone with an antivirus software, download one of these apps and follow the instructions.
Location using the 360 Security app
Below, we explain the execution of a localization using the example of the 360 Security application.
- Install the app.
- Click on “Find my phone”.
- There are now several options to choose from, including “Location”.
- Tap on it and then on “Check GPS position”.
To conclude, remember that your smartphone must be turned on, logged in to a Google account, have Internet access, visible on Google Play and that the location mode option must be activated.
You can also consult our other articles:
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.