How to save application data on your LG Renoir KC910
This article may be of particular interest to you if you plan to reboot, reset, or even resell your phone, but want to save your application data. For example, when performing a reset, it may be important to back up your application data. We will show you the best methods to make such a backup on your LG Renoir KC910.
The simplest of them is to use one of the many applications designed specifically for this type of operation.
You may want to use a dedicated application to save photos from apps though. App data can be stored on an SD card, in the Cloud, or on any other media. If your application to be saved, has a backup option, it is still recommanded to use it.
Storing data with backup applications
To back up your data, there are some applications. To be able to use them without restriction, you may need to have root rights on your LG Renoir KC910. Refer to the “How to root your LG Renoir KC910” article to learn how to run such a process.
With this app you can create and restore backups of user and system programs via your LG Renoir KC910, back up applications and their data, as well as SMS, MMS and wallpapers. In addition, this app also shows you how much space remains on your device and allows you to schedule backups.
An application backup is often very complex, especially because you must have root privileges. In what follows, we explain to you step by step how to launch a backup:
- Download the app Swift Backup on your LG Renoir KC910. If you need more features, you can also download a paid app like Swift Backup PRO.
- In order to make a backup with “Swift Backup”, it is very important that the “Superuser” application with control over root access is up to date.
To perform a root on your LG Renoir KC910, you can install Kingo Root.
- Open “Swift Backup” and click “Save / Restore”. Then all the applications installed on the device will be displayed.
- Then, click on one of the listed applications you want to back up.
- As a result, several options will appear. If you want to register an application, click on “Save”. You can also choose between “Freeze” and “Uninstall” options.
In addition, you can also use this application to perform automatic backup:
- Go to the application menu of your LG Renoir KC910. Click “Back up all user applications.”
- If you do not want to register either application, simply remove the check mark behind the corresponding app by clicking on it.
Restore apps and data:
- Open the home page in the app on your LG Renoir KC910, then click “Restore.”
- In the next step, select “Restore all applications and data”.
- If you only want to restore some applications, you can select them.
To use this application, no need to have root rights. However, there may be restrictions.
This application includes about the same features as the “Swift Backup” application, that is, backing up applications, messages, contacts, bookmarks.
To back up your data, do the following:
- Download the app Easy Backup on your LG Renoir KC910.
- You may want to open the application on another device as well as on your LG Renoir KC910.
- If so, connect your phone and your other device via any link (USB, Bluetooth etc.). Your other device should detect your mobile.
- Follow the instructions on your LG Renoir KC910. In the application on your phone, you can now make a selection of the application data you want to back up.
- If you want to back up all applications, click “Mark All” instead of selecting them individually.
- Finally, you can choose a storage location. You can choose to save your data on your favorite Drive or any other storage. Your other connected device can be this storage.
About Cloud storage, which could be available from your LG Renoir KC910
Cloud gateways are a technology that can be used to more easily provide a “Cloud” to a client. This could be accessible from your LG Renoir KC910. For example, using the appropriate software, the store in the “Cloud” can be provided to the client as a local drive on the computer. Thus, working with data in the “Cloud” for the client becomes absolutely transparent. And if there is a good, fast connection to the “Cloud”, the client may not even notice that it does not work with local data on the computer, but with data stored, perhaps, for many hundreds of kilometers from it.
“Cloud gateways” are a technology that can be used to more easily provide a “Cloud” to a client. For example, using the appropriate software, the store in the “Cloud” can be provided to the client as a local drive on the computer. Thus, working with data in the “Cloud” for the client becomes absolutely transparent. And if there is a good, fast connection to the “Cloud”, the client may not even notice that it does not work with local data on the computer, but with data stored, perhaps, for many hundreds of kilometers from it.
Security in the storage and transfer of data is one of the main issues when working with the “Cloud”, especially with respect to confidential and private data that may be stored in your LG Renoir KC910. For example, the provider has the ability to view customer data (if they are not protected by a password), which can also fall into the hands of hackers who managed to crack the provider’s security systems.
The reliability, timeliness and availability of data in the “Cloud” depends very much on many intermediate parameters, such as: data transfer channels on the way from the client to the “Cloud”, the reliability of the last mile, the quality of the client’s Internet provider, the availability of the “Cloud” at a given time. If the company providing the online store itself is liquidated, the client may lose all of its data.
The overall performance when working with data in the “Cloud” from your LG Renoir KC910 can be lower than when working with local copies of data.
Subscription fee for additional features (increased amount of data storage, transfer of large files, etc.).
A word about GDPR if you use data on your LG Renoir KC910
You should bear the following regulation if you have data from other persons stored in your LG Renoir KC910. Inversely, application owners have to give you control over your data. Regulation No 2016/679, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is a regulation of the European Union which constitutes the reference text for data protection. It strengthens and unifies data protection for individuals in the European Union.
After four years of legislative negotiations, this regulation was definitively adopted by the European Parliament on 14 April 2016. Its provisions are directly applicable in all 28 Member States of the European Union as of 25 May 2018.
This regulation replaces the directive on the protection of personal data adopted in 1995 (Article 94 of the Regulation); contrary to the directives, the regulations do not imply that Member States adopt a transposition law to be applicable.
The main objectives of the GDPR are to increase both the protection of the persons concerned by the processing of their personal data and the accountability of those involved in this processing. To date, these principles are only valid within the framework of EU jurisdiction.
To conclude, we can say that root privileges are an asset for backing up application data.
We hope to have answered all your questions about backing up app data on your LG Renoir KC910.
You can also consult our other articles:
- How to use emojis on LG Renoir KC910
- How to take a screenshot on LG Renoir KC910
- How to unlock password on LG Renoir KC910
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.