Toshiba Portégé G810 turns off by itself
Your Toshiba Portégé G810 sometimes turns off by itself? It can happen that your smartphone switches itself off, even if no buttons have been pressed and the battery is charged.
If this is the case, there may be several reasons. To find the cause, it is important to check all the accessories of your Toshiba Portégé G810.
In the following, we will tell you several reasons that may be related to the smartphone’s shutdown and how you could possibly solve the problem in the long term.
Possible causes of the problem
Defective battery ?
If your Toshiba Portégé G810 turns off, there may be a hardware defect. The battery may cause the device to shut down. Many batteries no longer work properly over time, the battery gauge may jump incomprehensible and you may need to recharge the device more often than before.
Another cause can also be a worn or cracked battery. It is also likely that it is not placed correctly.
If the battery of your Toshiba Portégé G810 may be defective, it must be replaced. Depending on your smartphone, you can do it yourself or have it repaired by a specialist.
Flawed software ?
If there is no hardware defect, defective software is conceivable. A software error is likely if the smartphone turns off when an application is opened, for example. Applications can cause such a problem.
A particular application may not be compatible with the operating system.
If your Toshiba Portégé G810 turns off when you open a specific application, you can update your operating system and see if your Toshiba Portégé G810 is working as usual again.
Otherwise, uninstall any applications that may have caused the device to be disabled, i.e. all applications that you have recently updated or downloaded.
If this has not solved the problem, you have the option to save the data and reset the smartphone to factory settings. Then the phone should work again correctly. This process is also recommended if your Toshiba Portégé G810 turns off and you cannot turn it on again without removing the battery.
To conclude different solutions
Depending on the cause of the problem, you can take action to solve it. We therefore recommend that you check and perform the following steps:
- Please check if the battery is correctly placed. Take it out and put it back in.
- Recharge your Toshiba Portégé G810 and leave it on the charging cable for a long time.
- Observe if the device shuts down despite a fully charged battery or if this is only the case for a certain level of charge.
- Check your Android version. To check the status of your battery, most Android phones have a specific option. To do this, type *#*##4636#*#* or *#*##INFO#*#* on your smartphone’s dialer. There are now several options. Press “Battery Information”. If an error appears, turn off your Toshiba Portégé G810, wait a moment, then turn it back on again. Repeat the process. If this does not work, the battery is probably defective and must be replaced.
- Uninstall applications that may cause the problem.
- Last possibility: save and reset. Back up your data and save the information stored in the phone’s memory to another media. Now reset the device to factory settings. Warning: it is important to back up all stored data that is in the phone’s memory before resetting, otherwise it will be lost.
If the error could not be corrected
If, despite the above steps, you were unable to solve the problem yourself, we recommend that you contact a specialist to diagnose the problem.
If you still have a warranty for the device, contact the manufacturer of your Toshiba Portégé G810.
You can also consult our other articles:
- Toshiba Portege G810 turns off by itself
- If your Toshiba Portégé G810 has water damage
- If your Toshiba Portege G810 has water damage
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.