How to save text messages on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
You may be considering buying a new smartphone, but still want to keep the data you have on your old phone, including text messages. While the device does not automatically save your messages, you can still make backup copies of your SMS on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.
First, the easiest way is to download a dedicated app from the Play Store to back up your text messages. In particular, we recommend SMS Backup & Restore and Super Backup & Restore.
In addition, there are several ways to back up your SMS.
We will detail the procedure to save your messages.
SMS backup with software
You can easily back up your SMS and other data via the Dr.Fone program from your computer.
We hope we can help you with this operation. You will see it is not very complicated when you know how to do it.
- Download Dr.Fone on your computer and then launch the program.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer with the supplied USB cable.
- The program will automatically recognize your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. Then press “Save”.
- Several choices appear. Click on “Messages”. Your SMS will be saved.
- To see if the backup worked, and if all the data you wanted to save is now saved after running the process, click “View Backup”.
SMS backup via app
There is also the option to save messages through an app that you can download from Google Play.
- Download the SMS Backup & Restore application.
- Open the app and click “Save”.
- Select a save location.
- Log in with your Google account and click “Authorize”.
- Now click on “Save”. A message appears on your device, confirm by typing “YES” and “OK”.
- You can now select the files you want to back up (this applies to call lists and text messages). Disable everything in the next section.
- Click on “Create a backup”.
SMS backup to SD card
In addition, it is also possible to save your SMS on the SD card of your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. This is also done from the computer and using a software.
- First download a specialized application to transfer SMS and MMS to the SD card.
- Open the app on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. You may want to connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. Especially if your SD card is not directly in your phone.
- To start the backup process, you will need to click on “Back up your phone”.
- Now click on “Text Messages” to transfer them to the SD card.
- Press the “Register Now” button or similar. You can then select the location. Select your SD card as the backup destination.
SMS backup to your computer
Another alternative is to save your SMS on your computer.
To do this you need the “Backup & Restore” application that you find on Google Play.
- To perform the backup, you must first install “Backup & Restore”.
- Open the software and connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Click on the SMS tab located in the left bar. Then you see your SMS in a list.
- To select a text message you want to save, tap the box next to it.
- In order for the backup to start, you need to click on the export icon in the bar above.
We hope to have helped you find the best way to save your text messages on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.
You can also consult our other articles:
- How to save app data on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- How to use emojis on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- How to record a call on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.