How to change the font on Xiaomi Redmi 6A
You think the standard font on your phone is boring? Would you like to give your Xiaomi Redmi 6A more personalities, with a typeface selected by yourself? In what follows, we’ll show you how to easily change the font on your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
Change the font through settings
There are several ways to change the font on your Xiaomi Redmi 6A, for example via settings.
Please keep in mind that some step names may differ from those of your mobile phone.
That is related to the Android OS version installed on your phone.
- Method 1:
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- You find the option “Police” under “Device”.
- Then you can see the “Font” and “Font Size” options.
- Click on “Font” to change the font.
- Then you can see all the available fonts.
By clicking on a font, you can select it.
Confirm your choice by pressing “Yes”.
- Method 2:
- Click the menu option “Settings”
- Then press “Personalize”.
Again, you have the option of choosing between “Font” or “Font Style” and “Font Size”.
- As a result, multiple font styles will be displayed.
Select one by clicking on it.
- Method 3:
- Click on the menu.
- Tap on the “Design” application.
- You can now select a font or other options.
- Method 4:
- Click on “Settings”, then on “Display”.
- Again, you can choose between “Font” and “Font size”.
- Touch one of the options to select it.
Download a text font
It is also possible to download a font.
Be careful, some fonts are not free.
- To download a font, first follow the steps described above.
- When you can choose between certain fonts, please click this time on “+” or “Download”.
- You will see some applications to download.
In the menu bar you can choose between different categories.
- Choose a font and follow the instructions.
Change the font using an app
If you do not like the font styles offered on your phone, it is also possible to download an application that allows you to change the font on your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
Depending on the manufacturer and model of your smartphone, this procedure may not work on all Android phones. For some brands, this is not possible without rooting the smartphone.
For more information on how to root your smartphone and its advantages and disadvantages, check applications to root your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
Here are some apps that let you change the font.
- Install the HiFont app, which you can find here on Google Play.
- In the menu you can even set the language by clicking on the “Language Selection” option.
- When you open the app, you find several options in the menu bar.
- Just click on a font to select it, then click “Download” and “Use”.
- Restart your smartphone.
- Go Launcher EX:
- Download the Go Launcher Ex app.
- Go to advanced settings and move fonts to the system folder.
- On Google Play, you can easily download the free iFont app.
- Once you open the app, you can choose a font and download it.
- On some models, the app asks you to set the font size the same way you download an app.
If you haven’t yet agreed to install apps from unknown sources, now is the time to do so.
After completing this step, you will return to settings to see the new font style.
- FontBoard: The app is designed to provide you with hundreds of styles for your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
You can also change the font size.
Features of this application: “HiFont” offers hundreds of font styles that allow you to personalize your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
Moreover, this free app also offers the option to adjust the font size.
Important Info: If you want to change the font not only for Launcher but for the whole system, you need to have full root access. Besides changing the font, this free app also gives you other features like changing the background.
We hope to have helped you change the font on your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.