How to hide your phone number on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Don’t want your number to appear when you make a call? You just have to hide your number on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. How it works is explained below.
Otherwise, here’s how to make anonymous calls natively on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
How can I hide my number on Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
To hide your phone number, you have two options.
It depends on whether you want to hide your number for each contact, or only for a specific person.
You can configure the system of your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as it is best for you.
Systematically hide your number
- Go to “Settings” in your menu.
- Click on “Call settings”. You can choose between several options.
- If no option to hide calls appears here, first click on “Additional settings”. This procedure may vary from smartphone to smartphone.
- Press “Caller ID”, then “Hide number”.
Specifically hide your number
- To hide your number only for certain people, you must type # 31 # on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and then the phone number of the person for whom you would like to hide your number.
- If you plan to permanently hide your number from a specific person, you can directly save # 31 # with their number as a contact.
Code to hide the number
You can also use a code to hide your phone number.
It’s the same result, the only difference is that this method saves you time : you don’t have to go to the menu of your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for each call.
- Open the keyboard of your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Enter * 31 #.
- Click on the handset.
- Your phone number will no longer be displayed when you make a call.
- To reactivate the display of your number, you must enter # 31 # on the keypad and press the handset. From then on, your number will be displayed again.
How to hide your number if you have an older Android version
If your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has an older version of Android, you may need to do this differently.
- Open the settings.
- Click on “Call settings”.
- Press “All calls” and to end on “Hide number”.
We hope that we have answered all of your questions about stopping your number from being displayed when calling from your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
You can also consult our other articles:
- How to make a backup on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- How to back up SMS on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- How to open your Samsung Galaxy Note 8
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.