How to record a conversation on your Microsoft Lumia 640
There may be different reasons why you’re interested in, recording a call on your Microsoft Lumia 640 regardless if it’s personal or business reasons.
For example, if you make a big phone call but have no way of taking notes, whether calls made by you or answered by you, or even if you plan to register.
But be careful, be aware that you have to inform the person in advance if you intend to record a conversation.
Moreover, the recordings can only be used for personal use and can not be made to harm others. The requested form of agreement between the two parties (either written or oral) may vary from country to country. Of course, it also depends on the intent you have with the track recordings.
Therefore, it is advisable to learn first about the form of the agreement to avoid any difficulty.
How can I record a conversation on my Microsoft Lumia 640?
To record a conversation on your Microsoft Lumia 640, you need an app that you can easily download from the Google Play Store.
Although you can also make a recording directly from your Microsoft Lumia 640, this only serves to record your own voice and not that of your caller.
So that the microphone not only picks up your own voice when you phone, or if it’s to make sure that both parts are clearly heard, there’s a little trick, which we’ll explain below.
How to save both parts on my Microsoft Lumia 640?
- Download one of the apps listed on the Google Play Store.
- Put your Microsoft Lumia 640 in hands-free mode so that the speakerphone is activated and both parties can be heard.
- The application will record the voices of both parties.
- Select the location.
Record a conversation with Google Voice
If you have Google Voice on your smartphone, you can also use it to record phone calls on your Microsoft Lumia 640. Call recording is free, but with Google Voice, you can only record incoming calls.
You will need a Google Voice account that is easy to create. To create one, go to the Google Voice website and follow the instructions.
The detailed operation of a Google Voice record will be explained in the following steps:
- Go to the Google Voice website.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Calls” tab and check the “Registration” box at the bottom of the page.
- You can now record incoming calls. To do this, you must press the “4” key on your keyboard.
- Your caller and you will hear the message that the recording is running. If you press “4” again, the recording will be stopped and automatically stored in your inbox.
- When you access the menu and tap recordings from your Microsoft Lumia 640, you’ll have access to your recorded conversations.
To conclude, other options to record phones calls on Microsoft Lumia 640
In addition, there are still other applications you can use to record conversations. This includes, for example, the Pro Call Recording application, which is also available on the Google Play Store, but it is not free.
This application is highly recommended for its well-designed interfaces. In addition, there are many customizable settings to optimize and adjust the audio quality for example. The application also contains settings to automatically record each call.
Another feature called “Shake to Save” lets you pick up a call by shaking your Microsoft Lumia 640.
You can also configure the app to store records in various cloud services, such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
In addition, there is another option that is indeed more expensive, but a little more reliable. You can use a dedicated recorder and connect it to the 3.5 mm jack of your Microsoft Lumia 640. There is, for example, “Esonic Cell Phone Call Recorder” and “Smart Recorder”.
Such a device allows the recording of both parts on a Bluetooth mobile phone during a call. However, you can also use it as a “Dictaphone” to record meetings or conferences, for example. In addition, the device has a USB port, so you can easily transfer your recorded files to a computer.
Also, it goes without saying, we strongly advise you to check the law in force in your country and the country of your call recipient before recording such a call.
We hope to have helped you find a good option to record your phone conversations on your Microsoft Lumia 640.
You can also consult our other articles:
- How to save app data on Microsoft Lumia 640
- Transferring a call on Microsoft Lumia 640
- How to locate Microsoft Lumia 640
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.