Features of an SD card on your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
An SD card extends storage space for all types of files on your mobile phone, as well as other electronic devices. There are several types of memory cards and the storage capacity of SD cards can also vary.
But what are the functions of an SD card?
What are the different models?
There are three types of SD cards: the normal SD card, the micro SD card and the mini SD card. We will see in this article these differences.
- Normal SD card : the SD card is about the size of a stamp. There are also others who have a built-in Wi-Fi module.
- micro SD card : the micro SD card is 11 mm × 15 mm × 1.0 mm in size. Using an adapter, it now has the same size as the normal SD card. It can then be connected with your computer to transfer the stored files that are on this card. It is used for most smartphones.
- Mini SD Card : the mini SD card has a size of 20 mm × 21.5 mm × 1.4 mm. It can also be used with an adapter.
Other differences with memory cards on Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
In addition, there is a difference between SD, SDHC and SDXC cards. The difference is especially the storage capacity. In addition, SDHC and SDXC cards are the successors of the SD card.
- SDHC Card : the SDHC card has a storage capacity of up to 64 GB. It has the same dimensions as the SD card. Mainly it is used for the use of digital cameras.
- SDXC Card : the SDXC card has up to 2048 GB of memory.
We recommend that you find out which one is compatible with your device before purchasing an SD card for your mobile phone.
The functions of SD cards on your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
You’ve learned exactly which models exist, but what is an SD card and what are its functions?
Format the SD card
From your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro you can enter how much free space remains and which files use how much storage space. If you format your SD card, the data will be deleted, so save all the data before formatting if you want to keep it.
How to format?
- Go to your smartphone’s menu, then go to “Settings”.
- Then click on “Storage”. Then you can see how much space is occupied on your device as well as on the SD card.
- Press “Format SD Card” or “Erase SD Card”. It depends on your Android version.
Restore the SD card
There may be errors on the SD card that make it unreadable from your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro.
First check if the contact area of the memory card is dirty. If so, clean it with a cotton swab.
It is also possible that the lock button on the card is activated and you do not have access to your files.
To restore files to the SD card , you can download a program to your computer. We recommend Recuva which you can download here.
How does restore with “Recuva” work?
- Connect the memory card to the computer with an adapter.
- Now follow the instructions on the software on your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro.
- When prompted, select “On my memory card”. You can now start the search.
- If the search fails, you still have the option to click on “Advanced Scan” to continue the search.
- Afterwards, the data you have found will be displayed and you will be able to restore them.
More information about SD cards on your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
SD speeds on your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
Different speed levels are available. These speeds are recorded in the same way as CD-ROM speeds, where 1 × equals 150 Kb / s. Standard SD cards go up to 6 × (900 Kb / s). In addition, there are SD cards with a higher available data transfer, such as 600 × (almost 88 MB / s). Note that there is a difference in reading and writing speed, where the maximum write speed will always be slightly lower than the maximum read speed. Some cameras, especially with burst shots or (Full-) HD video cameras, need high speed cards to make it run smoothly. The SD card specification 1.01 goes up to a maximum of 66 ×. Speeds of 200 × or higher are part of the 2.0 specification. Below is a list of data transfer speeds.
The classification system consists of a number and one of the letters C, U, V. There are currently 12 speed classes, namely Class 2, Class 4, Class 6, Class 10, UHS Class 1, UHS Class 3, Video Class 6, Video Class. 10, Video Class 30, Video Class 60 and Video Class 90. These classes represent the minimum guaranteed data transfer rate that a card can achieve. This means that when read and write operations are performed on the memory card at the same time, the manufacturer gives the guarantee that this minimum speed is maintained. A Class 2 memory card can guarantee a speed of 2 megabytes per second, while a Class 4 memory card guarantees a transfer of at least 4 megabytes per second. This can cause confusion when buyers of memory cards only read the specifications for the maximum speed of a memory card (80 ×, 120 × or 300 × …, UDMA, Ultra II, Extreme IV or even 45 MB / s), and not the specifications of the minimum speed displayed for your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro.
UHS could be available on your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
Ultra High Speed is the new definition for even faster SD cards. What is new is that, in addition to a minimum speed (class), a maximum speed (roman sign) is also indicated. In addition, UHS-II must always be faster than the maximum of UHS-I. For a classification UHS-I, the speed must be at least 50 MB / s and at most 104 MB / s., A classification UHS-II must have a minimum speed of 156 MB / s and a maximum of 312 MB / s. A UHS card therefore always has two indications, a number within a U (the class) and a Roman number. Please check compatibilities with your Ulefone Armor X6 Pro before buying one.
We hope to have brought you the features of an SD card on Ulefone Armor X6 Pro .
You can also consult our other articles:
- Transferring a call on Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
- How to fix fingerprint issues on Ulefone Armor X6 Pro
- How to do a Screen Mirroring on Ulefone Armor X6 Pro?
You need more? Our team of experts and passionate can help you.